Summer Holidays and Activities in Crete
- New in the Chania Villas section: Villa in Vrysses
- New in the Rethymnon Villas section: Villa in Panormo
- New in the Rethymnon Villas section: Adele Villas
- New in About Crete: Promotional Videos for Crete
- New Excursion: Excursions in Western Crete
- New property in the Real Estate section: Cliff-Top Villa near Agios Nikolaos
- New in the Lassithi villa section: Villa near Agios Nikolaos
- New in the Lassithi villa section: Villa in Elounda 4
- New in the Chania villa section: Villa in Kissamos 2
- New in the Chania villa section: Villas in Galatas
- New in the Chania villa section: Villa in Aptera
- New Arts and Crafts Activity: Woodturning courses in Rethymnon
- New: Nefs Villas, Amari
Welcome to summerincrete.com, a website that aims to help you to make your summer holiday in Crete an unforgettable experience.
The Summer in Crete team are offering a wide range of services that will make a summer holiday on the island really special for even the most discerning visitor. We are able to assist in finding all types of accommodation in your preferred location. From a lovingly restored Venetian villa, to a modern beachside apartment or hotel, the choice is yours!
We will be on hand to help you plan excursions and cultural activities. Guided tours conducted by knowledgeable and enthusiastic experts will ensure that you get the best from visits to the well-known archaeological sites on Crete. The team can also point you in the direction of some of the lesser known historical sites, along with secret beaches and timeless mountain villages. If you want to be a busy culture vulture or just have fun in the sun, Summer in Crete will make it happen for you! Check out our activities section to find more details about what is on offer.
Crete is the largest island in Greece (about 8200km2) and the fifth largest in the Mediterranean. The coastline is over 1000km long and offers you sandy beaches, coves and bays and several hideaways only accessible by boat.
The island is divided into four regions. From West to East they are: Chania, Rethymnon, Iraklion and Lassithi. Tourism is well developed all along the North coast, where you will find the largest resorts. Because of the mountain ranges that cover Crete, the South coast is less accessible, with fewer and smaller resorts, but ideal if you who want to avoid mass tourism.
Recently, agro- and eco-tourism have started to be developed, showcasing the fantastic fauna and flora of the countryside. Nature trais, hiking, bird watching... these are just some of the options available for those of you who want more than just a beach holiday.
If you would like some additional information about our services, please fill in the contact form.
Some of you might be interested in what Crete is like as a holiday destination during the winter. You can find out more on our sister site – www.winterincrete.com